Vidya Balan's secret to her Hot Figure


Vidya Balan attributes her new-found sex appeal to a great diet and good fitness measures. Here is how the girl tranformed from behenji to diva.

“I went through a phase where I didn’t know whether I was coming or going. Initially, the criticism used to hurt because I didn’t even know what I was doing wrong. I had slipped up, become lackadaisical. It was my biggest dream to become an actress and it had come true. I got a bit lazy and wasn’t doing my best. I finally admitted I was not being myself, superficially, you could see it in the clothes. People were telling me that I should reinvent myself. I’m grateful that I have a strong image and I realised I was fighting that. Today, I’m no longer apologetic about who I am.”


About a year ago, she realised that a lifestyle change was in order. That’s when Atul Kasbekar recommended Vilayat Hussain, her trainer. He was shocked to hear about her dietary habits, even though she had the energy for a rigorous yoga session. She recalls, “I’ve always exercised, but I was doing the wrong thing. I was not particular about my diet. I would not eat for 12-14 hours at a stretch, I would survive on chai. I thought it was uncool to eat between meetings and during shoots. I used to sleep for only three-four hours, which was disastrous. That slows down your metabolism.”

Her trainer sent her to a dietician, who advised her to eat every two hours. Vidya says, “I found it difficult to eat so often at first. I’d plateaued even after the diet had started. But I said I won’t give up because my energy level has shot up. For the first time in my life, I began enjoying my workouts and was able to sustain my workout for a year. I’ve even gone running at Juhu beach at 11.30-12 in the night.”

Vidya, though, was very particular that she didn’t want to lose her curves. “I don’t like the asexual look and didn’t want to look gaunt and withdrawn,” she says firmly. “We have to celebrate the Indian woman’s curves. I love the sensuousness of Indian clothes and will stick to my favourites… cotton sarees, Kanjeevaram sarees and outfits that work for me.”

Her persistence did pay off and one day, she went for an event and everyone said she’d lost weight dramatically. She says with pride, “My skin was glowing, my hair looked better. And luckily, through the transformation, I retained my curves.”

Vidya says that previously she couldn’t work out on the days she was shooting. Now that she had started sleeping longer, even if late, she tries to get at least six-eight hours of sleep. She says, “My metabolism has revved up. I work out about three times a week now as I’ve been busy between Paa and Ishqiya.”

The change runs deeper. It has made her calmer and less snappy, she says. No more dark circles and she has the energy one needs to emote for the camera.

Vidya has the final word on the lifestyle change. She talks about the most important aspect, “If you’re not happy from within, the changes will not show. Sometimes you’re upset about a relationship, a film could be stressful, people in the industry are high strung and handling egos can be tricky. Or you get very little time for yourself. Sometimes, you just don’t want to be around people. One has to be careful, you can’t shoot your mouth off. So I pray a lot and that keeps me rooted and grounded. I don’t follow any rituals but I am a spiritual person.”


Vidya Balan's eating habits

• I've started eating egg whites. I'm a pure vegetarian, and on a good day it's okay, on a bad day I can't stand it. Eating eggs is an effort for me.

• I have roti-subzi-daal, even rice, but I don't mix roti and rice. I don't mix fruits either. I will only have an apple, but not have an orange with it.

• I even eat some chocolate once in a while, as I have a sweet tooth.

• I have lots of water. No fruit juices, I'd rather have the fruit. Vegetable juices I drink once in a while, though I'm supposed to have it everyday.

• I can't give up my masala chai. I used to have acidity when I didn't eat for hours

• I avoid maida as much as possible. I have multigrain bread instead. I try and stick to natural food.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls