Sonam Kapoor aims for the superluxe Audi Q7

There may be a world of difference between the careers of Anil Kapoor and his daughter Sonam, but the latter, only two films old, has all the attitude that people like her father take decades of hard work to earn. Sonam Kapoor, with her kitty full of two flop films, announced rather haughtily at the 10th Auto Expo at Pragati Maidan that she was ready to buy an Audi Q7, a hot wheel that costs approximately Rs 1 crore.

"Ever since I've turned 18, I haven't asked my father for money. I have chosen an Audi Q7 for myself and I am buying it without any sort of help from my dad because I can afford it," said Sonam, adding that she loved to drive cars.

The father-daughter duo heated up the proceedings at the Auto Expo at Pragati Maidan, along with John Abraham, where the trio had arrived for the stellar launch of Audi's Sportsback Concept car. Two other cars from the Audi stable - Audi Q7 4.2 TDI and Audi A6 2.7 TDI - were also introduced on the occasion.

However, journalists threw some cold water on the ambitions of La Kapoor by repeatedly asking her if she had enough money to buy the high- end Audi Q7 car, as she had only delivered flops - Saawariya and Delhi 6 - in the past two years.

The actress shot back saying, "I work very hard and if you haven't noticed, I also have endorsements besides Bollywood movies. After Delhi 6, I have done about three ads too. And I am in no hurry to do movies because I work in only one film in a year." For the Kapoor senior, however, the launch was a trip in nostalgia as he remembered the time he first bought his Audi.

"I was probably the first Bollywood actor to buy an Audi in 1988," he guessed, adding, "Ravi Shastri (the cricketer-turned-commentator) got an Audi around the same time but he got it as a gift, while I had bought the car with my hard-earned money. It was a proud moment for me to be one of the very few people to own that car then," he remembered.

Looking resplendent in a Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 outfit, Sonam clearly stole the show at the launch, despite the dishy Abraham and of course, despite the glittering hot wheels.

Though yet to deliver a hit at the box office, she was the toast of the crowd - people jostled with each other for her autographs and photographs, with many popping out their cell phone cameras. The father surely looked proud at her daughter's popularity. A hit film is all she needs now.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cheap international calls